Monday, September 7, 2009

#1

So......this is my first blog. Hopefully, the first of many to come. The primary reason for this blog is to get first hand information about my battle with cancer to everyone who wants it. I plan to start each blog with a quick medical update and then share my thoughts.

Out of the 4 doctors that have read my MRI, all 4 say I have bone sarcoma. I am in a lot of pain, but thank the Lord for vicodin. I will be at MD Anderson on Tuesday for more testing. I cannot be officially diagnosed until they do a biopsy and put a sample under a microscope.

The amount of prayers and support that we have received has been overwhelming. There are people all over the world praying for me. It's quite humbling. I have not had to ask God "Why?", "Why am I going through this?", "Why haven't you healed me?". That may happen at some point, but His purpose has already shown itself to be greater than what is happening to me. I've seen healing in a family that was divided and bitter. I've seen calloused hearts softened by the sight of the church reaching out to my family. Through my sickness, God is spreading His love and showing His goodness. There is no greater honor than to suffer for the gospel of Jesus. Please pray that He would keep my eyes in Him and continue to use me in this way.

11 comments:

  1. Dear Rob: It's hard for me to find words to say to you at this time....except to say we are lifting you up to our Father and know He hears our prayers. Whatever the reason this is happening, we may never know but trust that God is always near, even when you can't FEEL Him He is there.

    We love you and hope to talk to you soon.
    Love,
    Bill and Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rizzob! My wife and I are knockin on the pearlies for you. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You amaze me. I feel so refocused. You keep pressing on just like you are. So much love here to support you through everything that is to come. I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rob:

    What a gift from God that you have the perspective that you do! We are praying for and its so awesome what God is doing in the life of others thru your situation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rob, your strength is amazing. It's so obvious that God's grace is sufficient for you. We love you so much, and are anticipating a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rob, we are praying for you. Our pastor's daughter who is 14 has just been going through the same diagnosis and hopefully after seven months of treatment will be coming home this week. She has had the opportunity to minister to so many that she wouldn't have been able to otherwise. Know that even though we don't know you as a grown-up, we still love you and are praying for a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Rob, I am not sure you remember us, but your family has always meant so much to us. We were sad when you left neighborhood bible church. I've already told your Mother and Donice that you and your family are in our prayes, but I want you to know as well. God is our healer and he has a purpose for everthing. We pray that you will continue to feel his peace and his strength, and that God will continue to speak to you through this process. We know God is the healer, and we have faith that he can provide a miracle for you and your family, and give you many more years to live as an example for Christ. All our love and prayers, Keevin, Val and Matthew Tory

    ReplyDelete
  8. As with Moses, if and when you get weary there are many that will be lifting your arms for you in this battle. The heavens are filled with the prayers of those who love you and your family, and we will continue praying and believing until the battle is won and victory is yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Psalms 9:9 The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.


    I heard this on Klove this morning on the way to work and then they played Cutless You are my Strong Tower. The tears were flowing but what a promise that we have!!!! LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw the news on Donice's facebook. You have our heartfelt prayers from Vermont, Robbie! ALL things are possible!!!! We serve a great and mighty God! Love, hugs and prayers. Rick and Moe Leggett

    ReplyDelete