Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What a Kwak...

Some pretty amazing things have been happening for me recently. Since I have Lymphoma, I probably won't need surgery. This was a huge relief. For the first time in months I am able to walk without crutches with minimal pain. There really is no explanation for this outside of all of the prayers so many of you have given. My calloused hands and left leg are very grateful.

One thing that I ask you keep in your prayer are our kids that we left in Sacramento. Even though it has gone as smoothly as possible, this has been the most difficult part of the whole process.

Because they originally thought I had sarcoma, I was assigned to a sarcoma doctor, Dr. Moon. We thought "Moon" was kind of funny. That is, until I was assigned to my lymphoma doctor, Dr. Kwak. We have already had some great responses to that. The best so far was Billie Dean with something like "MD Anderson promised the moon and gave you a quack!".

The rest of this has nothing to do with my cancer- just something that I've been pondering.

This may be something that many find elementary, but I believe it to continue to be a problem with Christianity today. I've been reading a series of allegorical novels that explore the way Christians view non Christians and vice versa. I'll make my statement and wait for comments. (If you want to comment and can't sign in here, you can find me on facebook. That's where most of my comments are given). Keep in mind that there are Christians and non-Christians that read this blog.

There are a lot of good people and a lot of bad people in the world. Being a Christian only affects the way that we believe we should behave. Simply being a Christian doesn't make us good, it makes us forgiven. We shouldn't view non-Christians as bad, but simply not forgiven. We have all sinned and we all need forgiveness from God.

2 comments:

  1. Rob,

    It was great to hear you are feeling better today and able to get up without too much pain.

    I'm sorry you have a kwak for a doctor but as you know you have the number one doctor in the universe working for you as well.

    We will keep praying that your healing will become complete!

    As for the last part of your blog.
    As far as I'm concerned we are all in the same boat. We have all sinned and the consequence for that sin is the same for ALL.
    That is why the free gift of salvation is so great! It is open to everyone!
    God does not discriminate and neither should we!

    Love you brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen rob Well done and thank you lord for what he is and has doen in and thru YOU!!

    ReplyDelete