Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Biopsy

So, today was my biopsy. It wasn't too bad, but I wouldn't want to do it again. I was semi- conscious for the procedure, which was guided by an MRI. This enabled them to be extremely precise. I slept for a lot of it, but I was awakened occasionally. Sometimes it was by my own snoring, sometimes by moving in or out of the MRI, sometimes it was because the anesthetic was wearing off(they gave me that painful shot 3 times), and a couple of times I was awakened by the doc hammering her needle into the bone(yes, hammering). I was definitely awake when they had to move me to take the stuck needle out with pliers. Overall, it was a pretty cool experience. They will have to dissolve the sample taken from my bone, so it take a few days to get the results.

I am getting a lot of compliments on my attitude as I go through this, but there are reasons for this that need to be explained. 1. I haven't even started the hard part, yet. I'll be needing plenty of encouragement in the months to come. 2. My wife has taken it all like champ. Oh, she has her moments, but I'd be a wreck if she wasn't taking care of me the way she is. I love you, darling. 3. My family has stepped up. My family in California made sure we got packed and moved in 2 days. It was amazing. My family in Texas is taking care of us and getting me all of my appointments. 4. My church family has been so giving and prayerful. Just to see the church be what God wants it to be is all of the encouragement I could ask for. The impact of the church's love has spread beyond my family. The world needs to see it.
I think that many more people would have a great attitude if the church was doing what it was supposed to. Remember, there are hurting people all around you. "Preach the gospel at all times, when necessary use words." -St Francis of Assisi. *This doesn't mean "don't use words". It means that Godly actions should precede your words.

2 comments:

  1. Love you!!! You bring me to tears every time.... Glad you are here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rob,

    The wife and I and our families are all praying for you and yours!

    Thanks for YOUR encouragement!

    ReplyDelete