Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Results......Sort of.

We got a call from the Physician's Assistant today. They are still waiting on biopsy results, but they have reviewed all of the other tests that I've taken. The best news is that they did not find cancer anywhere else in my body. That was one of our biggest concerns. So, that rules out Osteosarcoma. The two most likely etiologies left are Ewing's Sarcoma and Lymphoma.

The strange thing about this is that I'm not a very likely candidate for either of these types of cancer. Ewing's Sarcoma is generally found in teenagers. Lymphoma is more common in older people. You would think that I'd be pulling for the teenager's disease, right? Uh, not so fast. Lymphoma is treated much more easily (usually radiation and possibly a bit of chemo). Ewing's would probably require chemo, surgery, more chemo. Survival rate is much better with Lymphoma, also. How am I supposed to feel about this. Is it better to have a bad teenager's disease or a not-as-bad old person's disease? (Insert irony liberally.)

Anyway..........I've been told by several people that my blog has been inspiring to them. I know, this one is not quite as inspiring, but I want to know how my blogs have inspired people. It doesn't have to be directly by me. It could be from someone else's comment. I'm not looking for warm fuzzy feeling, but maybe something that you've done or something that you see differently. Comments, please!

2 comments:

  1. Yep the irony is there... I am a teenager in an aging body.. Hey, your transparency is key here. You do have a talent for writing as well. In a world were people ask how are you without really wanting an answer and where people can drone on and on about what they feel are their problems are you blog is a nice medium somewhere between Ewing's Sarcoma and Lymphoma ;-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The inspiration I've found has been in your attitude and perspective. I've had things recently that so pale in comparison to what you're dealing with and my attitude hasn't been near what your's is. It's been convicting and inspiring. I know that if God can comfort you so much in this trial that you can maintain such a God-centered outlook, that in my relatively minor trials, I can have that same thing if I choose to.

    Thanks for your transparency. Still praying fervently for all of you!

    ReplyDelete